Mr. Oshiro qualified as bengoshi (Japanese attorney) in 2004 and since then has accumulated a wide range of experience in various areas, particularly employment law and litigation and dispute resolution. He also provides legal advice on various business operations in a wide range of companies from large-sized to small and medium-sized companies. Additionally, he has experience in company fraud investigations. He was also admitted to the bar in California.
Admitted in Japan, 2004, Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
Admitted in California, 2010
– Employment disputes: Representing Japanese and foreign companies in litigation, mediation and negotiation involving dismissals, overtime and harassment.
– Labor unions: Representing companies in relation to negotiation with labor unions.
Litigation and dispute resolution
– International arbitration: Representing a foreign company in an M&A dispute, representing a foreign company in a dispute involving a manufacturing agreement and representing a Japanese company in relation to a dispute involving a service agreement.
– Domestic and international litigation: Representing a Japanese company in relation to antitrust price-fixing litigation in the US, providing advice on discovery including deposing Japanese companies and representing Japanese and foreign companies in contract and commercial disputes.
Corporate fraud investigation
– Representing and supporting companies in relation investigations of cartels, accounting fraud and violation of foreign laws.
– Providing advice on domestic and international transactions and business operations.
Hayashi & Partners (2017)
EY Law Co. (2017)
Nozomi Sogo Attorneys at Law (2015)
Tokyo Taiyo Law Office (2013)
K&L Gates Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise (2011)
Clifford Chance Law Office (2006)
Kuribayashi Sogo Law Office (2005)
Nishimura & Tokiwa (Nishimura & Asahi) (2004)
University of Southern California Gould School of Law (2009-2010)
Keio University (1998-2002)
Japanese / English